Sunday, April 4, 2010

3 L's: Long Lost Love

You see, choosing a career path such as this is a passion. Passion that comes with love of your tools and canvases.

For me, digitally, my first ever love was Photoshop. When i first came across it just near a decade ago, my world changed. I had the power to manipulate existing photos and whatnot into pieces of dreams and nightmares. Almost inspired by the whole wide world wanda. Making viewers wonder 'why' and 'how' is a challenge, putting pride as a prize.

Of course every first time on it isn't a masterpiece but it was an achievement only the user would understand. And you would always wanna do better than before. Achieving visual orgasms unknown to others as you run your busy cursor across the screen. Especially the never ending discovery of techniques and brushes galore!

As the years went by, I barely use it as an all-out-tool to my works. Except maybe for some texturing or touching up. I had fallen in love with vector illustrations then.

Only recently that I began to be reminded of things before. The beauty of manipulation plus weirdly inspired thoughts. I came back to her and I present you my result...

We live, we learn, we give, we earn and
sure as hell we love.


2 comments:

  1. the black mass merging the two skulls together- binding yet they are separated by the concrete-like solid below. yet it could be either way too. some kind of eternal connection/relationship perhaps? bonds always limit freedom in one way or another i guess but they are necessary for growth. the death of this foundation would mean the end of whatever it supports in the first place. very intriguing work plaztik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been too busy with a lot of things now that i could barely check this place out. i know its a tad late to reply to this but somehow you seem to interpret this real well. thank you!

    ReplyDelete